Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/a/t/u32115/public_html/_sub/hra/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/a/t/u32115/public_html/_sub/hra/includes/bbcode.php on line 483

Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /www/a/t/u32115/public_html/_sub/hra/includes/bbcode.php on line 112
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/bbcode.php:483)
Kresťanská počítačová hra • View topic - Link na ine fora

Link na ine fora

Navrhnite cieľovú skupinu hry, tému, štýl, prostredie, názov, ...

Moderator: Administrátori

Link na ine fora

Postby mouser » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:26 pm

Uz je to nejaka doba, odkedy sa zacalo o tejto hre uvazovat.. no a kedze donedavna som konal viac menej ako autonomna jednotka :) .. viedol som niekolko diskusii na forach International Game Developers Association a GameDev-u..

Mozno by ste sa mohli na ne pozriet, su tam prispevky mnohych profesionalnych dizajnerov a programatorov a mnohe su hodnotne.. :

http://www.igda.org/Forums/showthread.php?s=5c52e002443cfd3affe36854120a047d&threadid=14837&highlight=misakp

(asi 37 prispevkov)

a

http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topic.asp?topic_id=305325

(tam je toho trosku menej)
mouser

Postby Picasso Pablo » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:53 am

fíí, tento príspevok som si všimol až teraz. Vďaka za linky, dakedy sa na ne pozriem.
Pán ťa žehnaj.
Picasso Pablo
Administrátor

Postby Picasso Pablo » Sat Sep 17, 2005 11:38 pm

Je tam mnoho zaujímavých nápadov a myšlienok. Akýsi výber z prvej časti:

If you're going to make a Christian game, choose a Christian theme. You may want to start by reading some classic Christian literature, hey, even the bible might be a good idea. :>

Ok, here are a few theme's that have proven popular with the faithful.

Forgiveness (someone has done something terrible and you must find a way to forgive them)

Redemption (you have done something terrible and you must find a way to redeem yourself in your own heart)

Suffering (you have done nothing wrong but you suffer greatly from some great evil, yet you must not hate your oppressors but stay true to your values)

Faith (you must hold to your convictions despite the derision of others and all the 'evidence' that says your belief is wrong)

Righteousness (your faith gives you the strength to do the impossible against overwhelming foes)

Keep in mind, I am no Christian, but I'm a good observer of them. Mix and match these themes and you can't go wrong. (Well, actually you can, but it's a good start.) I prefer the first three so here is an example:

You were a member of the evil bad guys. In that role you did something truly horrible. Shortly after you suffered greatly much as your victims did. You hate yourself with a passion but god performs a miracle of some kind and you realize there could be hope for you. You seek redemption by trying to protect those you once persecuted. In the end you find forgiveness for yourself and ultimately for your most hated enemy whom in final triumph you also set upon the path of redemption.

How's that for compelling drama?

So couldn't the game just be about being making moral choises and being virtious, rather than be specificaly faithbased?

The question is.. if it is better to give the player freedom to choose the way, make the moral choices, till he is maybe absolutely bad guy...
Christianity is based upon freedom, I think - God gave us freedom to choose, real life is about moral choices, we have to take the consequences. But surely it is hard to show what christianity offers this way, especially for players who would like to act as bad guys and not according to moral beliefs.
But maybe it misses the point of Christianity - and that's forgivness, grace and then self-reflexion - grace makes christian people believe that making good deeds is better

One thing to consider though... Some Christians are the type that believe in God's will, & will pray all the time & wait for God to fix things, while others are the type that use Gods words & teachings as a tool to empower them to take action in what they believe to be the right thing based on their beliefes & convictions. If you want to make a game using Christian themes you'll have to use the second model... nothing would be more boring than clicking on the "pray" button all the time & waiting to see what happens.

Z druhého fóra vyberám:

If you don't mind ripping off someone else's material, take a look at C.S. Lewis's "Perelandra" trilogy. It's a soft* science fiction series that gradually reveals a highly allegorical Christian message. Specifically, the series is about the origin of sin and evil, and the nobility that can arise from overcoming it.

It isn't action-oriented, and there are a number of neat puzzles that I think would manifest nicely into a point&click adventure. The environments and technology are fantastic, and the main character is a highly cerebral philologist. I recommend that you limit yourself to the first two books, since the third one is a little bit more abstract, and far less entertaining. Heck, it's kinda dumb.

_Perelandra_, the second book in the trilogy, is my favorite, and it culminates with a series of brilliant philosophical discussions and a spectacular fistfight. The fight is a backdrop for an impressive sililoquy from the main character summarizing the argument and telling the reader outright what might have been gleaned from the rest of the book.

It's never an in-your-face piece of propaganda, but it's careful not to let you miss the point. Give it a try, and even if you decide not to use it, it's a great example of form, and an entertaining read besides.

Since it's for older audiences, try not to "sugar-coat" the message. That kind of Sunday-School applesauce is what gets Christian games and media such a lousy reputation. Christianity is a serious, difficult, and grueling path through life, with difficult questions to ask and a great deal to demand. Read a little Thomas Aquinas or Kierkegaard or St. Augustine, and let your players take a shot at the higher levels of the religion. At its core, Christianity is a very hard-core faith. Let your audience see a little bit of the sharp edge, and I think they'll respond more favorably than they would to a story in Watchtower about how super Jesus is and why everyone likes to sing hymns.

And please do better than Syberia when it comes to interface. If she had said, "No point going down there," one more time, I would have put my foot through the television.

* - "Soft" denotes a less rigorous allegiance to things like physics and astronomy, contrasted with the "hard" science fiction typified by Robert Heinlein or Isaac Asimov, both of which are heavy with scientific theories, data about distances between stars, and the mechanical workings of futuristic technology.

I see what your getting at. Well, I don't have any story idea's per se, but it sounds like you have the start of a workable idea yourself. I can point you to some sources of inspiration, though. J.R.R. Tolkien was a devout Catholic, and his Lord of the Rings trilogy (you may have seen the movies or read the books) contains a great many Christian themes without being overt about it. I think that this is the kind of effect you are probably going for.

In Tolkiens works, no one character represented any one biblical person, but they all exibited characteristics that mirrored aspects of Christ and various biblical themes. Gandalf was reserrected and acted as a messenger of hope (Tolkien himself said Gandalf was an angel), Aragorn had to redeem the dead and was a returning king bringing about a new age of peace, Frodo was willing to suffer the weight of evil for the sake of everyone else, and Samwise was a loyal companion. None of these characteristics are overtly Christian, but taken together, one can see the Christian principles Tolkien believed coming through.

I'm not saying you should try to make a game like the Lord of the Rings, or even a fantasy, but you can use the works of certain Christian authors as inspiration to create something that isn't going to preach at people, but will still convey the message that you, as storyteller, want to convey with the game.

I find the best story ideas come from other stories. Here is a list of books that may give you some good story ideas:
The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind (Awesome new fantasy series)
Chronicles of Prydain, by Lloyd Alexander (Listed as childrens story, but still very enjoyable as an adult)
The Song of Albion trilogy (The Paradise War, The Silver Hand, The Endless Knot), by Steven R. Lawhead (Fantasy)
The Lord of the Rings (The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King), by J. R. R. Tolkien (Fantasy)
The Great Divorce, by C. S. Lewis (Fantasy)
The Space Trilogy (Out of the Silent Planet, Perelandra, and That Hideous Strength), by C. S. Lewis (Older Sci-Fi and a bit dry, but still interesting)

I also would recommend the game Beyond Good and Evil as an example of a game that has great gameplay and an engaging story that doesn't have it's primary focus on doing violence. You play a journalist in an alternate world trying to uncover a government conspiracy. I really enjoyed it as a nice change from what most games are like.

I hope that these sources can give you some ideas. Good luck.

Yeah, don't try to convert people with this game. Your best bet is to valorize the fundamentals of the belief system, so that when they actually encounter Christianity unfiltered, they can relate to the types of struggles and solutions that it offers.

Basically, "What You See Is What You Get"...
Give it a hidden meaning, and either it is hidden enough so that no one actually uncovers it, or it is NOT hidden enough, everybody sees it and only those that are interested in it actually buy the game and play it in order to find what they like in what is hidden... (Am I making myself clear?...)
Give it NO hidden meaning, and you end up with people actually uninterested in hidden meanings playing the game, AND people interested in hidden meanings playing the game in order to try and uncover a possible hidden meaning you totally failed to implement, or forgot to.

I agree, which is why I took the actual intended meaning to be theme. Themes in stories and games are not usually immediately obvious, but they are revealed through the course of the story/game. If you take theme in a more literary sense, it also reveals something about the human condition and/or a truth about the world. The plot, setting, character interactions, etc. may never directly address the theme (in fact if they do it is usually a lame story), but the theme is present in the kinds of choices made by the characters, the effect of those chocies on the world, and the effect of the world's response to those choices on the characters. So I took "hidden meaning" to be the theme of the story, which is only revealed as the player interacts with the story, rather than being revealed through a dialogue or some other direct means. In that sense the theme is "hidden". I see no problem with having a game with Christian themes. After all, look at how popular LOTR is with people of all ages.

Vďaka za iniciatívu! Možno dobré idey na ďalšiu hru :).
Picasso Pablo
Administrátor

Return to Návrhy na hru